Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Power of the Party?

Hijacking the Primary
Endorsements seem problematic to me prior to the Primaries. I'm bothered by the Party endorsing Tom Corbett for Governor, for example. I believe that tends to disenfranchise me, and that the right thing to do would be to let the Republican voters choose their favorite in the Primary and then the Party should endorse that person and bring all its power and resources to support the people's choice. That's the bottom line for me, you have to trust the voters - no playing God allowed!

I was actually a delegate to the special election where Tim Burns won against Russell for the Interim Candidate endorsement in a vote that was around 85 to 45. I think the process was not the most unbiased one that could have been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment