Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Being "righteous" and "above reproach" at any level of government

If one knows anything about Judeo-Christian teaching, it is to always expect evil because the heart of man leans in that direction and that's why salvation does not come from us but from above.  So, in speaking of righteousness, I do not purport to be righteous, but we should all be able to recognize it and its opposite as well.

Consider this article, "Top RNC Official's Daughter's Firm Paid Thousands in Party Funds" from April 2010.  Humorous that the blog is entitled Plum Line:  I suppose it is in reference to the "plumb line" spoken of in Amos 7:8 where the LORD asks Amos, ""What do you see, Amos?" I (Amos) answered, "A plumb line." Then the Lord said, "I'm going to hold a plumb line in the middle of my people Israel. I will no longer overlook what they have done."  Here the plumb line is an exacting measure and a symbol of judgment according to righteousness (http://bible.cc/amos/7-8.htm).     ....Would you agree that if you were to hang a plumb line with everything on one side being "above reproach and completely righteous" and on the other side "being of questionable righteousness" that the daughter's firm benefittng from her father's position in the RNC would fall on the unrighteous side?

I believe that we who aspire to serve in the Republican Party and want to register more Republicans and win elections for our Republican candidates, must all act and operate on the righteous side of the plumb line.  We cannot be serving the Party in an elected, servant-like capacity with one hand, and then bill the Party for our services with the other. 

5 comments:

  1. Republican for GOP unityJuly 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM

    But....aren't campaign managers paid? Isn't the president paid? Also, consider the thought that by someone within the party performing these services, as opposed to some "professional" outside of the party, it may be saving the party money. Money that can be used for more important things, like campaigning for elected officials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, anonymous, that's the point. If it's a paid position, there's no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "Republican for GOP unity" just fell below the plum line! What about conflict of interest? What about nepotism? Sometimes those that have the "good of the party" attitude also have the "what's in it for me attitude" instead of following God's will. I think the GOP would do a lot better as elected officials if they had the "what is Gods will for me","what can I do for the good of the people" and "what can I do for my Country" attitude. It is very clear, we must elect true God fearing Statesman instead of selfish politicians!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Republican for GOP unityJuly 20, 2010 at 8:51 PM

    M Campbell, you do not know me, and I was only providing an alternate point of view. HOW DARE YOU accuse me of anything politically untoward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Mr./Mrs. Republican for GOP Unity, I don't have to personally know you to have an opinion of you! I DO DARE SAY that your post does reveal the content of your character. First and foremost, the Founding Fathers never intended for an elected office to be a "full time" paid position with benefits, including the Presidency. They only intended that they be reimbursed for travel, and housing expenses etc. For you to use the Presidency as an example to back up your opinion that the possible conflict of interest and nepotism are a good thing is preposterous! These ideals are the very progressive cancer that is feeding on the Republican party. Besides, your name says it all! What is the purpose of GOP unity if the electorate doesn't trust the GOP and won't vote for them because they allow corruption, conflict of interest, nepotism, back room deals?

    ReplyDelete