Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Do Some Thing!

If you are a conservative in South Buffalo Township, and want to be celebrating after the voting on November 2nd, I encourage you, "Talk to your neighbor." It's quite likely he's a conservative too! I remember back in the primary race, how many folks were outside and watching me knocking on doors and realizing they were surrounded by other Republicans. I had people asking, "So my neighbor is a Republican? I never knew." It was actually pretty exciting. And this time around, I'm talking to Democrats occasionally too and discovering some who are conservative as well. I did have one unique experience yesterday, when I stopped to ask a Republican neighbor if she'd let me put up some signs, and she said "No, she was voting with her union."

Well, I can understand that. I guess if I had a pension and felt it might end up on the chopping block, I'd be worried too. Tough fiscal problems are all around us. I believe conservatives, especially those like Pat Toomey, will have the knowledge and wisdom to find the best solutions. And, Jeff Pyle, in his debate against opponent Jo Ellen Bowman, made an interesting statement that he had come to feel the size and expense of the legislature in PA needed trimming. (Considering we have the second most expensive one in the nation, I was glad to hear that!) I'd love to see Jeff really tackling that!

Yesterday, I mailed out almost 100 postcards to South Buffalo neighbors and knocked on a number of doors, put up 12 signs, and had four men volunteer to work the poll on Tuesday! Hand-delivered supplies to other committee people, and helped with some other coordination, and worked the phone for a while.

All of us can do something. If you want to do something but feel you need a little help, training, moral support, materials? Just ask! For the first time in my lifetime, I am seeing the grassroots come alive! You want to be part of this, not an onlooker!

No comments:

Post a Comment