Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eight Days to Go

And 2 months and 11 days since I first requested a copy of the Armstrong Republican Committee's bylaws. Yesterday I was advised by a former chairman of the Schuylkill Republican Committee to request a copy of our bylaws from the State Republican Committee. A young intern answered the phone and said someone would get back to me. Hopefully, the phone rings and someone puts a copy in the mail to me. I've heard from others in different counties who've had experiences identical to mine.

It's unfortunate, but not accidental, that the first meeting of the Committee calls for the election of officers, and for 4 year terms.

Here's something I found rather astounding, but shows how ignorant I am (and you too, probably) about the local Committee. Someone who is not a member of the committee can be nominated and elected to be its Chairman.

Every county committee's bylaws are unique.

There are members of the committee who rarely if ever attend meetings and give their proxy to another member to vote!

Quite a few couples are elected to the committee, which can be looked at as a bad thing/good thing, actually.

I think the May 18th primary has upped the number of committee people, advancing my personal goal to see greater local participation in the party. The vote confirmations may be out on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment