Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seven Days to Go!

Two months and 12 days since I first requested a copy of the Armstrong County Committee's Bylaws and 7 days to go to the first meeting, the organizational meeting, where election of officers for 4 year terms will be conducted. Every bit of wisdom that has been tossed my way by committee people in numerous counties across the state and from friends around Pittsburgh who have served as committee people, even chairmen of committees, says "Get a copy of your County Committee's Bylaws." So, I have dutifully tried to do this. Wednesday's effort included contacting the office of my Congressman, Jeff Pyle, to ask for help. Hopefully, maybe tomorrow, I will get a call from them and be able to pick up the bylaws. What happened late this afternoon was that I got an email from Chairman, Mike Baker, with a handbook from Chairman Gleason, State Republican Committee, detailing by month and season, activities to support the campaigns of Republican candidates. After months of Coordinating Sam Rohrer's run for Governor, and working polls in previous elections, I'm fairly well familiar with these duties. Mr. Baker suggests this is all I need to be concerned about, and actually it's more than he originally thought I could handle when we first met - you know, "helping with the banquet."

No comments:

Post a Comment