Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Is there trickery aplay?

I do not want to think this is the case, but have seen or heard this warning from former committee people, not necessarily in Armstrong County, but Western PA counties -- "new members are often tricked or controlled at meetings because they don’t know the bylaws." I am trying to do the responsible thing. Why? Because information is power, but more importantly, the withholding of information is even more powerful for those in the know. I cannot forget that the day a petition was begun for me to run for this committee seat, I asked the Chairman of the Committee, Mike Baker, "If I were on the committee, what would my responsibilities be?" His answer, "Oh, you'd probably help with the spring banquet?" No one runs in an election administered by the State/County to put on a banquet!

It is exactly 2 months since I sent my first email (which was preceded by a number of phone calls) requesting a copy of the bylaws. The first meeting of the newly elected Armstrong County - an "organizational" meeting - will be held on June 3d - 10 days to go.

2 comments:

  1. Are you too good to help with the banquet? This is grassroots, my dear.

    The annual banquet and other events act as a medium to generate interest in and support for our local candidates.

    While these events seem to be below you, they are what works for us. Look at the record.

    Maybe you should stick with the whackadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same "Randy Cloak" who was paid as a "consultant" for doing committee work, putting on fundraising events? Shame on you!

    ReplyDelete