Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Making a difference at the grassroots level

In regards to a Sam Rohrer write-in campaign, my focus is to be the best committee person I can be for my precinct, and I think the write-in idea is ill-advised. I am offended by Committee Secretary, Kirk Atwood, who, in a response on May 20th to an email of mine requesting, again, a copy of the bylaws, wrote, "Furthermore, there is a requirement that anyone found to not be supporting all Republicans in any election cycle can (and will) be removed from said committee." I resent being singled out about my commitment to the Republican Party. I fully expect to find my niche to help elect conservatives on the ballot in November.

But more importantly, the election process needs to be trustworthy and to that end, the role and workings of the political committees need to truly reflect all registered Republicans and be transparent. That will mean more people, more of "the folks," must step forward as I did to run for committee seats. Tea Partiers, Patriots, and 9/12ers should keep these committees in their sights! Go to their meetings, hold your committee accountable, get to know the committee people and let them know who you are! If no one is representing your committee, write a letter to your County Chairman. In Armstrong that is presently Michael T. Baker. Tell about yourself and ask to be appointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment