Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

Two Areas Getting My Attention Currently --

#1 -- Supporting Republican Dave Battaglia for Commissioner in Armstrong County. Look for posts below about Dave!

#2 -- Supporting legislation that would eliminate the school property tax as a means of funding education in favor of a fair tax, also known as the PA Coalition of Taxpayers Association (PCTA) Plan.

Anonymous comments are frowned upon. I am disallowing all comments with inappropriate content, such as name calling or foul language.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Sad Saga of my "quest" to obtain a copy of the Committee's Bylaws

On March 24th 2010 I sent my first email to Armstrong County Republican Committee Chairman, Mike Baker, requesting a copy of the committee's bylaws since I was running for a seat on the committee. Other emails followed back and forth, but now 14 days before our first meeting, when I understand we *must* according to the bylaws elect officers, I still do not have a copy of these bylaws. At one point I was told a copy would be provided to the Voter Registration/Election Board office in the courthouse/annex. As of today, no copy is in their possession.

These bylaws are on someone's computer and could have easily been emailed to me, I would think. How does the Election Board administer the election without a copy of the bylaws - do they just follow the oral instructions of the Committee Chairman? Why was I told back in late March/early April that a precinct's two seats did not have to be one woman/one man, but another new committee man after believing he'd won a seat as 2nd highest vote-getter is being told it does have to be one woman/one man? Who will certify who the winners of the committee seat are? Will it be the Committee Chairman, Mike Baker, or the head of the Election Board, Wendy Buzzard?

Do you believe the bylaws for your County Republican Committee should be available to any registered Republican within the county? There appears to be a very definite lack of sunshine at the local level of Republican politics!

1 comment: